« Can I close my fireplace glass doors while burning wood? | Main | My home gets smokey when the furnace and the fireplace are being used at the same time. »



I tried calling in a local "pro". They tested it and said the fireplace was still fine. Its top vented I think. But within 15-20 minutes of turning it on I get a headache. I have 20 foot ceilings where its located and an open space, if that makes a difference. And I've had gas fireplaces before that were top vented and never bothered me! What's wrong?

Jason Raddenbach

If the Carbon Monoxide detector is not being tripped then it could be elevated NO2 levels. Gas logs are know for putting out a fair amount of NO2, CO2. Or it might be incomplete combustion. Is there any odor affiliated with running this gas log and did the professional test the draft of the chimney?

The comments to this entry are closed.